This course prepares you to work with Insights for ArcGIS to dynamically visualize and analyze data from multiple sources on maps, charts, tables, and more. You will learn how to define a workflow to investigate a spatial problem, interactively apply analysis tools, and share your insights across the enterprise.
Who Should Attend
GIS professionals, analysts, researchers, and others who want to dynamically visualize and analyze data
After completion of this course you will be able to:
• Connect to data sources and prepare data for analysis.
• Visualize, interact with, and analyze multiple datasets.
• Share analysis results and workflow models.
Some familiarity with GIS concepts may be helpful. Completion of Introduction to GIS Using ArcGIS or equivalent knowledge is recommended but not required.
Introduction to Insights for ArcGIS
• Data analysts and GIS professionals
• Insights for ArcGIS overview
• Exploring data potential
• Approaches to scientific inquiry
• Data sources
• Deploying Insights for ArcGIS
Adding and displaying data
• Location field role
• Enabling location on a table
• Table relationships
• Creating a table relationship
• Styling data
Exploring and visualizing data
• What is in your data?
• Field roles
• Chart types
• Using charts to answer questions about data
• Selecting features
• Filtering data
• Analysis capabilities
• Analyzing customers and distributors
Sharing your insights
• What you can share
• Sharing your work
• Deployment for your organization